Alliance for Global Justice
225 E. 26th St. Suite 1
Tucson, AZ 85713
Year organization became a 501(c)(3): 1998
Year of first fiscal sponsorship: 2002
Number of sponsored projects: 85
Fiscal sponsorship fee:
7% straight fee for checks and 8% for credit cards regardless of number of services fiscally sponsored group takes advantage of.
- Aligned mission/values: Progressive, grassroots
- No government funding: No federal government funding
Types of projects or services we sponsor:
- Disaster relief: Latin America and the Caribbean primarily
- Economic development
- Education: Latin America and the Caribbean primarily
- Environment/sustainable growth: global to local
- Festivals and events: Limited to those seeking to change US culture of militarism and/or US government policies
- Health/nutrition: Primarily Latin America and the Caribbean
- Housing: Local housing and public land use issue groups
- International development: Primarily Latin America and the Caribbean
- People or communities of color/minorities: Grassroots advocacy groups rather than direct service groups
- Political advocacy/social justice: This is our primary area of interest
- Women: Primarily Latin America and the Caribbean
- Youth development: Primarily Latin America and the Caribbean
- Other: Anti-war, grassroots advocacy for veterans and active duty soldiers desiring to get out of the military.
Services we offer projects:
- Bill paying: For very small projects
- Bookkeeping/accounting: Income that comes through us. Expenses negotiable.
- Insurance: Group policy for employees; liability for events and conferences
- Office space: In Washington, D.C.
- Receiving property and stock donations
- Tax reporting: As part of AfGJ\’s annual 990
Progressive grassroots foreign policy advocacy organization in solidarity with social movements and governments working to achieve a multi-polar world in which sovereignty and self-determination are respected, in which economic inequities are being removed and in which sustainable development is improving the lives of families while protecting the environment in which our children will live. Most of all, to build a world in which war and violence become unthinkable.
- How many projects do you sponsor? 85
- How much minimum in committed funding do you require? Unknown
- What are your fees? 7% straight fee for checks and 8% for credit cards regardless of number of services fiscally sponsored group takes advantage of.